THE WILDFLOWER QUILT GUILD is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the art of quilting by providing an opportunity for sharing ideas and learning new techniques.
Membership in the guild is open to anyone who is interested in quilts or quilting. Benefits awarded to our members include:
- Monthly newsletters
- Access to the WQG lending library
- Door prizes
- Secret Quilter Pal gift exchange
- Charm Square exchange
- Block of the Month drawings
Annual Dues are $30.00, with special rates for Junior quilters.
WQG Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the First United Methodist Church – 102 North 2nd Street – Temple, Texas. Our meetings start with a social gathering at 6:30 pm, followed by the “official” meeting at 7:00 pm. The monthly meetings always include a “show and tell” where guild members show the projects they have worked on, a brief business meeting and a presentation/trunk show by local and/or well known, published quilting experts.
Visitors may attend two meetings before deciding to join.
Wildflower Quilt Guild members participate in the following community service projects:
- Project Linus - provides new, handmade quilts and afghans to seriously ill and traumatized children.
- Ronald McDonald House - is a temporary home for families of seriously ill, hospitalized children. WQG members donate items for the families to use while in Temple.
- Hope Pregnancy Center - a Christian based ministry that offers free support and services to pregnant women. We provide them with baby quilts, afghans and baby items.
- Blankies for Adults - lap quilts for chemo and dialysis patients at Scott & White Hospital.
- Pillowcases for Kids - bright, fun pillowcases for the children hospitalized at McLane Children's Hospital.