THE WILDFLOWER QUILT GUILD is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the art of quilting by providing an opportunity for sharing ideas and learning new techniques.
Membership in the guild is open to anyone who is interested in quilts or quilting. Benefits awarded to our members include:
- Monthly newsletters
- Door prizes
- Secret Quilter Pal gift exchange
- Charm Square exchange
- Block of the Month activities
Annual Dues are $30.00, with special rates for Junior quilters.
WQG Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month at the:
First United Methodist Church Family Life Building
(located behind the main church)
Visitors may attend two meetings for free. Further attendance requires payment of dues.
Wildflower Quilt Guild members participate in the following community service projects:
- Project Linus - provides new, handmade quilts and afghans to seriously ill and traumatized children.
- Ronald McDonald House - is a temporary home for families of seriously ill, hospitalized children. WQG members donate items for the families to use while in Temple.
- Hope Pregnancy Center - a Christian based ministry that offers free support and services to pregnant women. We provide them with baby quilts, afghans and baby items.
- Blankies for Adults - lap quilts for chemo and dialysis patients at Scott & White Hospital.
- Pillowcases for Kids - bright, fun pillowcases for the children hospitalized at McLane Children's Hospital.